WHAT IS SYMANTEC'S VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT?
All our Symantec SSL certificates now come with built-in Vulnerability Assessment as standard. Strengthening your website’s security, the Vulnerability Assessment identifies and quickly fixes the most critical vulnerabilities that could be exploited by hackers. This, added to the many other outstanding security features from Symantec, will give you the most secure SSL solution in the world today.
Vulnerability Assessment includes :
- An automatic weekly scan for vulnerabilities on public-facing web pages, web-based applications, server software, and network ports.
- An actionable report that identifies both critical vulnerabilities that should be investigated immediately and informational items that pose a lower risk.
- An option to rescan your website to help confirm that vulnerabilities have been fixed.
Symantec's Vulnerability Assessment Service uses the following IP addresses and server names:
- VBLADEAF001 184.108.40.206 (scan1.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF002 220.127.116.11 (scan2.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF003 18.104.22.168 (scan3.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF004 22.214.171.124 (scan4.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF005 126.96.36.199 (scan5.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF006 188.8.131.52 (scan6.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF007 184.108.40.206 (scan7.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF008 220.127.116.11 (scan8.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF009 18.104.22.168 (scan9.ws.symantec.com)
- VBLADEAF010 22.214.171.124 (scan10.ws.symantec.com)
Get in touch to find out more about vulnerability assessment. Our friendly consultants will be pleased to hear from you - and happy to help.