You may encounter this issue:
"Export an SSL certificate from Microsoft IIS (5, 6 & 7)"
To export or back up an SSL certificate from Microsoft IIS 5.0, 6.0 or 7.x, save a copy of your SSL certificate (including private key) to a PFX file:
- Step 1: Create a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Snap-in for managing certificates
- Step 2: Export the certificate
- Open the Certificates (Local Computer) snap-in you added, then select Personal and Certificates
- Right-click certificate name, go to All Tasks then Export.
- When the Certificate Export Wizard opens, choose Next
- Select Yes, export the private key and Next
- Select Personal Information Exchange
- Ensure only Include all certificates in the certificate path if possible is checked and click Next
- Enter and confirm a password (we advise you to choose a strong one with capital letter, figures and symbols) and select Next
- Choose a file name and location for the export file > click Next and Finish
PS: We advice you save to the file to a CD or diskette. If you saved the file to a local disk, then the PFX file is copied when the disk is backed up. This may compromise security.