What is the appropriate way to set up a SSL Certificate for cPanel 11?
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit.
1. Login to cPanel.
2. Click on SSL/TLS Manager.
3. Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys.
4. Click on Generate a New Key (at the bottom of the page). Fill in the domain you want to secure in the Host field or select the domain in the list. It should be the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name; e.g. www.ssl247.co.uk or mail.ssl247.co.uk)
5. Click on Generate.
6. The private key is saved. Click Return to SSL Manager.
7. Click on Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
8. In the Generate a New Certificate Signing Request section, fill in the following information:
- Host – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com.
- Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
- State - The state in which your organization is located.
- City - The city or town in which your organization is located.
- Company - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
- Company Division - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
- Email - The email address where the CSR will be sent.
- Pass Phrase - Enter a password associated to your certificate.
9. Click on Generate. The CSR will then display in a new window!
10. Save and open the CSR file.Then, copy/paste the entire contents (including the BEGIN and END tags) into our order form.