What are the main steps in creating a Certificate Signing Request for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
In order to generate a CSR for Microsoft Exchange 2003, please follow these steps:
1. Click Start, go to Programs > Microsoft Exchange and click System Manager.
2. If the Display administrative groups option is turned on, expand Administrative Groups and then expand First Administrative Group (where First Administrative Group is your administrative group). Note to display administrative groups, right-click Your_Organisation and click Properties.
3. Click to select the Display administrative groups check box, click OK twice.
4. Restart Exchange System Manager.
5. Expand each protocol that you want to configure, right-click the Default Protocol_Name virtual server object and then click Properties.
6. Click the Access tab and click Certificate.
7. In web server certificate wizard, click Next, click Create a new certificate and click Next.
8. Click Prepare the request now, but send it later and click Next.
9. Type an appropriate name for the certificate and choose a bit length of 2048. Click Next.
10. Fill in the required details about your company:
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com
Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
11. Choose to save the file in c:\certreq.txt. Click Finish.
12. Open the CSR file and copy/paste the entire contents (including the BEGIN and END tags) into our order form.