What are the easiest instructions to create a Certificate Signing Request for Sun ONE?
To generate a CSR, you first need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match your private key. You will have to request a new SSL Certificate and may be charged.
The CSR needs to contain the following attributes:
Common Name – must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com
Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country - click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
Note: Certificates can only be used on Web servers using the Common Name specified during enrollment. For example, a certificate for the domain "domain.com" will receive a warning if accessing a site named "www.domain.com" or "secure.domain.com", because "www.domain.com" and "secure.domain.com" are different from "domain.com".
We recommend that you contact Sun for additional information.
Step 1: Create a Key Database
- Select the server instance to manage and click Manage.
- Click Security.
- Click Create Database.
- Enter and confirm a password to protect this database.
Step 2: Generate a CSR.
- Click Request a Certificate.
- Enter your own email address as the CA Email address. Although your Sun server supports the use of email for sending certificate requests, SSL247 requires you to paste the certificate request into the enrollment form.
- Enter a key pair file password to protect your keys.
- Fill out all of the CSR information, and click OK.
- The server will generate the CSR and display it on the page. Copy and paste the CSR from there into the enrollment form.
Note: You must copy the entire CSR, including every character in the Begin New Certificate Request andEnd New Certificate Request lines.
- You have just created a key pair and a CSR.
- Go to the Enrollment URL.
- Paste the information into the enrollment form when prompted for the CSR.